The National Autistic Society work with employers including Auto Trader UK, HMRC, IBM, J. P. Morgan, Oracle, Virgin Red and more to create accessible job opportunities and to support candidates to access those opportunities through:
- Autism and employment related workshop
- Recruitment support and interview guidance
- On-boarding and reasonable adjustment support
- Ongoing 1:1 job coach support for the employer and employee
They advertise graduate jobs and internships:
Visa – Graduate Software Developer, Network Processing Team starting September 2021 in Reading
Contract: Full time permanent, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Location: Visa Europe Reading, 41- 45 Queens Road, Reading, Berkshire, RG1 4BQ
Flexible working arrangements: including the ability to work from home regularly, with a flexible working start and end time
Salary: £34,000 per anum, annual bonus and pension contributions plus optional additional benefits such as health and dental care
Closing date: 05/02/2021
As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
At the heart of Visa lies a secure, global payments processing network that for 40 years has empowered people, businesses and governments in 200 countries. We are in the midst of profound change, enabling us to innovate like never before and transform and refresh our technology assets to set the foundation for the next several decades.
The Network Processing team are building our network’s long-term architecture on open platforms and commodity hardware, as well as opening our technology platforms to enable industry collaboration and innovation through co-development. This incredible team positions Visa for growth by driving deeper relationships with clients, expanding access to Visa technology platforms, and enabling product innovation. They deliver software analysis, design, development, unit test, and third-level support for Authorization Services, Risk Systems and Gateway Systems.
A Network Processing Graduate may work across development, test and support on things like:
- Implementation of a single development lifecycle, from Analysis & Design, Build and QA to Security and Deployment.
- Develop testing tools to identify errors in internal systems.
- Automate process for removing duplicate compromised account numbers using low latency algorithms.
- Create visual monitoring tools to uncover transaction errors.
Visa are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We’re looking for the next generation of Techies – dreamers, disruptors, creatives and trailblazers – who are fascinated by new technology and want to be empowered to change the way business is done.
Therefore, our requirements are few:
- Either a current university student graduating in 2021, or someone who has already graduated from university, and is ready to start full-time work this Autumn
- Ideally studying, or have studied, a Bachelors or Masters degree in either Computer Science, or a STEM related subject.
- A strong interest in software projects in programming languages like Java, C++, C# or Python (this could be in any context, such as studies, work experience or your own personal projects)
How to Apply
If you are interested in this role and would like to find out more, please contact Enterprise.Team@nas.org.uk
To apply for this role, please email your CV along with a cover letter to Enterprise.Team@nas.org.uk
For tips on how to apply, please sign up for our free e module, Finding Employment, which gives tips on writing CVs and Cover Letters.