£10,000 for a max. 6-month project contract (equivalent to £20,000 p.a pro-rated)
Locate in Kent, are looking for a graduate or mature person with experience of Power BI for a six month project working from home.
Locate in Kent was established in 1997 and is Kent and Medway’s investment promotion agency. A company limited by guarantee, it is funded by the public and private sectors and is the single point of contact for UK and Kent companies looking to expand or set up an operation in Kent, and international companies seeking a European or UK base. It proactively seeks ‘footloose’ companies considering a new location and by providing a comprehensive and confidential relocation service, seeks to persuade them to locate in Kent and Medway. The office of Locate in Kent is based in Ashford which is accessible by public transport as well as by car – under current Covid-19 guidelines, we encourage staff to work from home. Though the company is independent, it enhances its service to investors by working closely with a range of other organisations and companies such as Kent County Council, Medway Council, local Councils, DIT, economic agencies, corporate partners, members of Kent Developers Group, government agencies and professional services companies. For more information visit www.locateinkent.com
Locate in Kent is planning a Business Transformation project which will include the optimization of IT and internal processes. This includes how Data and Business Intelligence are most effectively presented and shared across the organisations.
As Graduate- Data Analyst you will be supporting the process optimization as well as creating data visualization by translating the company’s data and industry research data into key documents and infographics for ie. investors and other stakeholders.
You will also be interacting with a team of professionals that drive domestic business expansion, Foreign Direct Investment and economic growth and resilience for Kent and Medway.
This is an important role with the opportunity to gain valuable work experience by supporting process optimization, business transformation and investment projects. It requires the incumbent to have an excellent knowledge of IT, software application (esp. Power BI), analytical and communication skills.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
We are currently looking for a Graduate/ Data Analyst with strong IT and analytical software knowledge esp. Power BI to join our Business Intelligence team for a 6-month project. You will be working in the Business Intelligence team, reporting directly to the Head of Business Intelligence.
The Graduate- Data Analyst will be responsible to
1. support the Business Transformation process project which will include how Data and Business Intelligence are most effectively presented and shared across the organisations.
2. translate the company’s data and industry research data into key documents, reports and infographics for stakeholders and investors using Power BI
3. must be able to understand the end users of the created reports to ensure they are relevant and apply data visualization.
4. use analytical tools to create a suite of automated reports and dashboards to analyze data in Excel, Power BI and MS 365 based software programmes
ROLE REQUIREMENTS: To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Graduate- Data Analyst we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
· Graduate with a degree or equivalent in business analysis practices, business process mapping or a relevant degree with an IT/ Mathematical / Statistical focus
· Experience in using Power BI as well as MS Office tools e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Excel
· Able to undertake sound analysis and develop information into concise reports
· A liking of problem solving and strong communication skills.
· Able to start as soon as possible (November/December 2020) with rights to work in the UK
· Be able to work from home (having basic home-office infrastructure in place ie. stable broadband connection, mobile/ landline phone, printer etc)
We welcome Graduate applications of any interested party who fulfil the role requirements for this position. We support investment and job creation in Kent and Medway and look forward to helping you with your next career move.
HOW TO APPLY:
Feel free to ask questions about the role or send your application and CV to Anette Hufnagl, Head of Business Intelligence, Locate in Kent to this email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Close Date: 16th November 2020
Start: November/ December 2020