Sanctuary Graduates and Futureproof are offering a completely free software engineering course, aiming to make careers in technology as accessible as possible.
The 13-week bootcamp is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills you need to become a job-ready junior software developer. As part of your course, you’ll even receive a monthly living allowance and a guaranteed 2-year paid placement after your training. They’re looking for curious graduates from all degree backgrounds to join them in Early July. You don’t need experience, just a genuine interest in technology and a desire to learn. Applications to become one of their inaugural cohorts are now open – don’t miss this opportunity to fast-track your future in tech…
|Training course:||13-week free coding course (£800 travel and living expenses covered)|
|Salary:||£800 pcm during training for travel and living expenses, £30k upon placement|
|Start Date:||Early July 2020 (Exact date TBC)|
|Degrees Accepted:||All degrees, however there is a preference for Tech/STEM subjects|
You can be from any degree background to apply for this scheme, however you MUST have a passion for technology. We welcome applications from those who are looking for a career change and their 2nd job!
Who is the company?
– Futureproof is a free coding school designed to empower the next generation of software engineers.
– Their greatest strength is their ability to match students to companies they will thrive in.
– Their focus is on placing highly-motivated individuals where they will do best.
What is the training course?
– Learning how to work in an agile environment, you’ll be taught the how, what and why of code.
– You’ll learn business skills so you can connect your code to the commercial realities of work.
– Business education – you will become commercially aware and understand how code you write connects to a business’ goals.
– After 13 weeks of learning to become a junior developer, futureproof will help you land a 2-year placement as a software engineer.
Why should you apply?
– It’s free – unlike some other routes, you pay no fees for your training, receive a living allowance and land a job upon completion of the course.
– Personalised support – you’ll be supported by incredible teachers, an industry mentor, and an outstanding community of learners and alumni.
– Develop skills for the future – you’ll learn key skills including problem-solving, leadership and resilience.
– Learn from the best – your teachers know what it takes to go from good to great and you’ll hear from industry-leading speakers, giving you a cutting-edge insight into the world of tech.
– Supercharge your CV – you’ll land a role at an amazing company where you will grow as a software engineer
Who is best suited to this role?
– You can be from any degree background to apply, however they are looking for those with technical aptitude.
– Those that are looking for a career change are particularly encouraged to apply.
– We are looking for those that have spent a considerable amount of free time to understand coding basics, and used resources like udemy, freecodecamp & Codeacademy
– Resilience – not giving up at the first hurdle and being curious and resilient enough to push yourself in challenging scenarios
– Problem solving/critical thinking – ability to think about a problem you have clearly and plan solutions to that problem
– Communication – you must have the ability to clearly summarise a problem you are experiencing so that you ask for the most appropriate guidance from teachers & peers
– Good time management skills and an ability to deal with pressure
– Teamwork– an opinion/understanding of how effective teamwork can produce results and enhance your own skill set
– Give/take feedback– you must have an awareness of how valuable feedback is to both yourself and others when used in the right way.
Click here to apply now:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in this training scheme, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.