Work on huge public sector projects impacting the entire nation – clients including the Ministry of Defence, NHS, Fire Services and Police Force. This well-established consultancy firm is looking for the best and brightest minds to join their growing team!
Company: Leading Management & Technical Consultancy
Location: Guildford, Surrey (90% of your time will be based on client sites)
Role: Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Consultant
Salary: £28-32k based on experience (with 6-monthly salary reviews)
Start Date: Flexible – any time in 2020 to suit you
Apply here: https://sanctuarygraduates.co.uk/grauate-tech-consulting-role/?ref=DEPT
Deadline: 28th February 2020
Who is the company?
The firm provides exceptional expertise to public sector organisations on some of the most critical and complex national technology projects and process transformations.
Making the best use of emerging technologies to solve problems, the firm focuses on maximising benefit from ICT investments by providing pragmatic solutions.
What is the role?
After some initial training in the office, you will join a project team and get stuck in right from the outset on client sites, gaining valuable experience in tackling a range of technical business challenges.
Day-to-day responsibilities could include:
• Developing strategies for future delivery of ICT services;
• Supporting large ICT procurements, including developing procurement strategies and documentation and evaluating bids;
• Providing technical assurance that the proposed solutions are fit for purpose;
• Explaining to risk owners and stakeholders the causes, likelihood and potential business impacts of information risks throughout the information system lifecycle.
Why should you apply?
Practical, real-world impact: as the consultancy does not deal with private companies, you will not be working for deep-pocketed CEOs; your work will have a direct impact on making various UK public functions more efficient, seamless and productive!
There is a clear and structured career progression path to senior consultant in as little as 2 or 3 years, with increasing autonomy and opportunity to manage your own team.
As this consultancy is a medium-sized enterprise, you’ll be getting much more focussed attention on your work and progression within the company, and you’ll also get a lot more exposure and mentorship by senior members of the company due to the flat office structure.
• Regular socials (previous events have included a murder mystery party and white water rafting!)
• Bi-annual discretionary bonus
• Projects and training relevant to your interests
• Open, flat structure – the MD sits in the office with the team
• Strong investment in personal and professional development
Who is best suited to this role?
They are specifically looking for those with (or studying for) a PhD or master’s degree in a STEM subject.
Due to a security clearance requirement, you must not have a dual-nationality and must have held a British passport for a minimum of the last five years.
They are looking for a candidate who:
• Achieved AAA at A-Level, and 1st Class degree
• Is passionate about technology
• Is a confident communicator with a professional manner
• Has good presentation skills and is able to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
• Logical, systematic approach to problem-solving – must also think creatively and laterally to identify the best solutions
• Is hardworking and organised
• Relevant work experience is a bonus!
Click here to apply now:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in the role, and we will support you throughout the full application process. This is a free service.