Are you excited about emerging technologies? Do you have an interest in finance? Do you think in a logical way and enjoy problem solving?
This 2-year rotational technology graduate programme will give you the opportunity to work on live projects across a variety of teams, developing new, strategic, state of the art technical architecture for a globally-renowned Asset Manager.
Company: Schroders, a Global Asset Manager
Role: Global Technology Graduate Programme
Salary: Very competitive
Start Date: 17/09/20
Apply here: https://www.sanctuarygraduates.co.uk/schroders-grad-lux/?ref=DEPT
Deadline: 20 November
Who is the company?
– Based in central London in a brand new office, they are a globally-renowned, locally-run Asset Management firm, which has over £445 billion in assets under management.
– Boasting a worldwide reach, the company has a long history of always keeping clients’ needs at the heart of everything they do.
– For over two centuries and more than seven generations, they’ve grown and developed their expertise in tandem with their interests.
What is the role?
– Schroders Global Technology is organised into a number of teams, distributed across London, Zurich, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York.
– These teams span the entire business and you’ll have the opportunity to work across numerous Technology teams based in Luxembourg over the course of the programme
You will gain experience in:
Software development: This teams look to create, enhance or implement optimum solutions for all areas of our business. You’ll work directly with end users, gather requirements and be involved in the full end-to-end design and development of solutions
Business Analysis: This involves helping to identify the needs of the business and matching these with technology solutions. It involves strategic planning and design
Information Security: Balancing the critical needs of protecting Schroders from a number of angles, rigorous data security whilst maintaining the agility required of the business
Infrastructure and Production Services: These teams provide and support global hardware, applications and network support for Technology teams around the clock.
Enterprise Technology: This team provides technical oversight including Quality Assurance (QA), Cloud engineering, Data governance and Development Engineering (including DevOps)
Why should you apply?
– Working in small teams gives focused attention on you, exposure to individuals in senior positions and the opportunity for rapid internal career progression.
– There is the chance to work in the vibrant, exciting city of Luxembourg, which is one of the world’s major financial and business centres, steeped in history and full of exciting tourist attractions
– Chance to learn multiple different coding languages
– As a test centre for Microsoft, graduates can make use of the latest technologies to work on live projects with real-life application
– IMC qualification (and others suited to your specialism) fully funded and supported
– You will be at the forefront of developing new, strategic, state of the art architecture
– Personal development is incredibly important to Schroders and there is a committee dedicated to graduate trainees
Who is best suited to this role?
– 2:1 in a technical/STEM degree such as computer science or engineering is preferred
– You must be interested in developing technology as well as in the financial industry
– Schroders need individuals who have a logical and methodical way of thinking and enjoy problem solving
– You will need to have a commitment to working in technology and some past experience of coding in any programming language
– This role requires individuals who thrive on problem-solving and are excited by the prospect of working with technology to deliver innovative solutions in the financial world
– You must be open-minded to rotate across different teams
Click here to apply now:
It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles, and we’ll support you throughout the full application process.