The Graduate School have recently been working with KIE and a company called Sustainability Monitor Ltd (SusMon). SusMon analyses the sustainability strategies of global multinationals and is developing ground-breaking research products in the subject area. The Chief Technology Officer is looking for a PhD student to support a short-term project through our Professional Opportunities for Postgraduates (POP) placement scheme and would like to approach School of Computing PhD students who have the knowledge and experience that will compliment their project.
Eligibility and information
• POP placements are on offer to postgraduate researchers.
• Research students who are funded by a Research Council are not eligible to apply. Contact the Graduate School for other opportunities.
• Graduate Teaching Assistants (GTA) may only apply for a POP placement which falls outside of their teaching commitments. A GTA can only undertake a part-time placement due to the Terms and Conditions of their scholarship.
• Students on a Tier 4 Visa are only eligible to work 17.5 hours a week in line with UKVI regulations and the POP contract.
• You must have the support of your main supervisor and the Director of Graduate Studies before submitting an application form.
• POP placements will be paid at the national minimum wage (pro-rata).
• PhD registration is not suspended during this period. Your final submission date will not be extended.
• Applicants will be asked to submit an end of project report to the Graduate School at the end of the placement period.
• If you are successful you will be asked to register with Jobshop for payment purposes.
Please see the full job advert here
If you would like to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form
The deadline for applications is 23:59 Sunday 10th November.
For further information contact:
Felicity Clifford, Postgraduate Experience Officer, E-mail: email@example.com