The summer vacation support from the Access to Learning Fund is to help priority group students who are suffering financial difficulties. The financial support covers the period from 17th June 2019 to 22nd September 2019.
The deadline for submitting a completed application is 6th September 2019. Applications from students made on or after 1st August 2019 will be for the 2019 / 2020 ALF year.
You can make one application for support from the Access to Learning Fund during the summer vacation if you meet the eligibility criteria set out for the main Access to Learning Fund, see the following website for details
You also need to belong to one or more of the following student groups:
• Continuing franchise student still in the final term of this academic year.
• Students with children – for those eligible for means-tested benefits a bridging loan may be paid whilst they are waiting for their benefit payments to be assessed.
• Students retaking/re-sitting elements of their course either in or out of attendance across the summer.
• Students who are ill or have a disability and are therefore unable to undertake work, and for whom other benefits are not available.
• Students who have no alternative substantial means of support in circumstances where the administrator is satisfied that they are unable to secure alternative funding.
To apply please contact the Students’ Union Advice Centre for an interview – email email@example.com for Canterbury students or GK Unions student advisers for Medway students – email firstname.lastname@example.org
When you have obtained an interview date with the Advice Centre you should complete the ‘Application for Support from the Access to Learning Fund’ form.
When attending your interview you will need to produce the completed form together with all backup documentation relevant to your application as indicated in Part 11.
You will need to provide bank statements, for all the accounts you hold, showing three months transactions prior to the date of your application.
The fund is strictly limited, therefore there can be no guarantee that you will receive a payment.
If you are made an award, payment will be made directly into your nominated bank account.