This is an exciting opportunity for a Trainee Penetration Tester to join a dynamic team at Intertek NTA, based in Chatham, Kent.
Do you have a computer related degree (or equivalent) and are looking for a role where you can build a career in Network/ Cyber Security?
Do you want to be part of a fast-growing, dynamic, successful team as part of a FTSE 100 company?
Do you want to work for a company that rewards performance?
If you answered yes to all of the above, we want to hear from you!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The role of Trainee Penetration Tester is an excellent role to build the foundation of your Cyber Security career. You will be learning a variety of testing tools to probe client applications, servers and other network devices with the ultimate aim of helping the client improve their security. You will be joining an established and friendly team who will be there to help you develop your knowledge and become a CREST qualified tester.
This exciting opportunity includes, but is not limited to;
• On the job training in the field of penetration testing, dealing with actual clients and doing real work from week one.
• Working alongside a variety of people of all skill levels (from recent starters to some of Intertek NTA’s most senior consultants and testers).
• Exciting and varied types of work, initially assisting senior colleagues, and then eventually leading projects ranging in size from a few days to a few months’ work.
• As a Penetration Tester you will perform tests both internally (from within a client’s network) and externally (over the Internet) against network targets (e.g. firewalls, servers, etc.), client systems (e.g. desktops, mobile devices, thin clients, etc.) and web applications.
• The role involves writing detailed and accurate reports to communicate test findings to clients, as well as phone calls with clients to confirm requirements and discuss test results.
• Training closely follows the Council for Registered Ethical Security Testers (CREST) syllabus and you will be working towards the CPSA qualification and then CREST Registered Tester.
• Becoming a National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) CHECK Team Member is also an available path.
The Trainee Penetration Tester will work initially from our Chatham office, which is 40 minutes by train from London. Once an initial period of training is completed, there will additionally be some UK wide travel to deliver at client sites.
In addition to generous annual holiday entitlement and pension contribution, you will participate in a company funded training and professional exam programme, which will help you grow and build on your existing knowledge and ability.
Required skills and experience
• Demonstrable interest in network/cyber security, and any of the following:
I. Undergraduate or Postgraduate degree (or equivalent) in a computer-related discipline
II. Degree (or equivalent) in a scientific subject with some relevant work experience
III. Experience of system administration or network management
IV. Application Development
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• A proactive approach to acquiring new skills and a desire for personal development
• Ability to demonstrate exceptional customer service
• Demonstrates flexibility and resilience in order to meet the demands of the role
• Highly organised with strong attention to detail
HOW TO APPLY
Please provide a CV, Covering Letter (outlining your suitability for the role) and Salary Expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. All candidates will be required to confirm eligibility to work in the UK before starting employment.
NTA Monitor is a fast-growing business focused on cyber assurance services with offices in Kent and Malaysia, covering three main service groups; penetration testing, governance and compliance, and consultancy and training. The business covers core sectors such as Government and Finance, as well as legal, utilities and charities. NTA Monitor holds many relevant industry accreditations making it a trusted partner to clients.
In June 2018, NTA Monitor joined Intertek’s Connected World business line, which provides cyber security services to client’s networks in key global markets as well as assurance over security and performance of ‘IoT’ products from connected medical devices and smoke alarms to mobile handsets and lighting, used by millions of people world-wide every day.
Intertek is a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide, with a network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains. Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
Intertek has been a pioneer for 130 years.
Our rich history reaches back over 130 years to some of the world’s leading pioneers in the Quality Assurance industry. Our story starts at the inception of the modern testing industry and evolved from the combined growth of a number of innovative companies.
We are a leading Total Quality Assurance provider to industries worldwide.
Today Intertek a global force and continues to innovate to offer superior customer service. Our network of more than 1,000 laboratories and offices and over 43,000 people in more than 100 countries, delivers innovative and bespoke Assurance, Testing, Inspection and Certification solutions for our customers’ operations and supply chains.
True to the innovative spirit of our founders, we are continuing to re-define the industry with our Total Quality Assurance value proposition – going beyond physical quality control through our Testing, Inspection and Certification services to offering Total Peace of Mind, as we additionally provide Assurance services, ensuring our customers’ operating procedures and systems are functioning properly.
Behind it lies our Customer Promise – Intertek Total Quality Assurance expertise, delivered consistently with precision, pace and passion, enabling our customers to power ahead safely.
It is our people that make the difference – be one of us.
Intertek is a family that is committed to working together to bring quality and safety to life in an environment which respects diverse perspectives, experiences and traditions as essential, and values each employee’s contribution toward achieving their business objectives.
By joining Intertek’s global team you will share our vision of becoming the world’s most trusted partner for Quality Assurance. In addition you will work with some of the best, brightest, and most inspiring people in the Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification industry who go above and beyond to deliver Total Quality Assurance to industries worldwide whilst exceeding customer expectations, globally 24/7.
As a matter of courtesy, we will try to respond to all applications. However, due to the volume of applications received, we may not be able to respond to individual candidates. If you have not been contacted within four weeks unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful. Please do not let this deter you from applying for vacancies in the future should you meet the minimum requirements of the role.
Intertek operates a preferred supplier arrangement and we do not accept unsolicited approaches from agencies