Become Part of our Team
We are looking for enthusiastic and talented individuals to join our largest European centre, based in the South-East England, which employees in excess of 350 staff, operating across a diverse global market with high profile European and International customers.
As a Java Software Developer, you’ll play a vital role in the support, improvement and on-going development on our new generation of QC and visualisation tools for geovation, CGG’s software suite, used by our scientific teams to analyse and enhance subsurface data. As an integral member of our global development team, we highly encourage the contribution of ideas and drive in the generation of new concepts, to maintain our outstanding leadership position for technology and service delivery in the market place.
Educated to a Bachelor’s, Master’s or PHD degree level in any of the following disciplines;
- Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Physics or related Computing subjects
Key Skills & Competencies
- A passion for programming, technology and enthusiasm for analytical and problem solving challenges
- Through formal education or self-learning, a good understanding and knowledge of Java programming language
- Good skill level of Linux/Unix in general and the command line in particular
- Familiarity with development tools: Maven, Nexus, Jenkins, SonarQube, Yourkit profiler, IntelliJ IDEA ultimate (or Eclipse, or NetBeans)
- Familiarity with software development lifecycle methodologies such as Agile Scrum, Scaled Agile Framework or similar.
- Excellent Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures and algorithms
- Proficiency to design, build, test and support software solutions.
- The ability to define and manage project deadlines
- The ability to balance workloads across a wide variety of projects
- To keep all stakeholders regularly informed on progress
- To innovate and have fun through collaboration and generation of ideas which lead to software performance and user interface improvements or delivery of new concepts
- An enthusiastic attitude towards learning and flexibility to adapt to new challenges or changes in direction
- Experience with C++
- Experience with Python
- Salary starting from £29,000 p.a.
- Highly attractive bonus scheme
- Initially 22 days holiday with future increases, complemented by a flexible buying and selling holiday program
- Company contributory pension plan
- Accommodation assistance program
- Flexible Private Medical & Dental care programs, tailored to suit individual or family needs
- Employee Assistance Program to support our staff