Who we are
Welcome to Close Brothers. It’s an interesting time to be working within Banking Technology and Business Change. We are leading a large transformation programme that is driving the way forward for the Bank and through collaboration with the business we are improving the customer journey and customer experience across every industry. We’re also building new tools and capability while improving our existing platforms to set us up for a successful future.
We are small enough that you can grow relationships and big enough to collaborate across different areas of technology and the business. We are an open and diverse team always on the lookout for great talent to join us on our transformational journey.
Be part of our success
We offer a tailored graduate scheme throughout your programme. You’ll be mentored, and you’ll have the opportunity to gain a professional qualification in your chosen field. You’ll be working with experts on every rotation (a six-month work placement) to help you understand new parts of the business.
In previous years, graduates have taken advantage of training and development opportunities in our Infrastructure and Support, Business Change (including project management) and Cyber Security teams.
Here’s a flavor of the rotations our graduates have experienced:
• The Project Management team: Manage and govern the portfolio of projects across the bank. A placement here will equip you with knowledge of how projects are managed, how infrastructure and software development project lifecycles work, this will help develop both management and communication skills.
• The Service Desk team: Troubleshoots quick fixes, manage IT procurement as well as manning the Service Bar. Team members use their logical abilities to resolve in-depth technical issues, building hardware and supporting applications.
• Business Analysis: This team works across all areas of the business, and with our clients, to capture requirements for new IT systems, or changes to existing ones, and communicate them to the technical teams for implementation. This rotation will facilitate further development of your analytical and communication skills.
• The Data Centre Operation teams: Supports all the servers and hardware that process the millions of transactions running through the bank each day. Roles includes network engineers, database administrators and many more. This rotation will provide you with an understanding of how enterprise data centres are run whilst developing technical skills.
• Systems Development teams: Write codes and configure the software that are used to deliver digital services across the bank. You will benefit from developing technical coding skills, software development practices in addition to majoring in problem solving during this placement.
• Testing: The changes made by our other teams are tested here before they are implemented for users of the service. This rotation will give further insight into how systems are used providing an opportunity for you to develop skills in quality assurance and analytics.
Do you have what it takes?
Are you a problem solver? Do you like delivering the best outcomes for customers? Are you a technologist wanting to work in financial services? Do you like looking at detailed requirements and translating them into simple and easy to use project plans? If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions, we’d like to hear from you.
We are an inclusive company and open to graduates with different degree subjects (2.1 and above desirable). We’d like you to have an understanding of financial services and its opportunities (as well as challenges). You’ll also have experience working in a technical or project-led environment. If you’re curious and looking to shape the future of Close Brothers, then you do have what it takes to be part of our graduate scheme.
Locations: Central London or Wimbledon (occasional business travel in the UK required for most roles).
Start date: 9th September 2019
Salary and benefits: £27,000 in year one with an increase to £32,000 in year two. Close Brothers has a competitive benefits package including a cycle-to-work scheme, season ticket loan, pension, life assurance and eligibility for an annual discretionary bonus.
Deadline for applications: 15th November 2018
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please submit an application online: