Real Group Ltd is a small, dynamic, successful and expanding company
providing training courses to teachers and psychologists, as well as e-learning
consultancy and educational psychology services (realtraining.co.uk , realelearning.co.uk and realpsychology.co.uk ).
The company requires a confident, organised, IT orientated individual with
proven organisational and IT skills along with a natural flair for attention to
detail. You will be expected to support team members onsite in our Canterbury
office, as well as provide phone and email support to our other offices and
As an employer, we offer a friendly working environment, flexible working
hours, a company pension, a health cash plan, and an annual bonus. This is a
challenging and exciting role which includes being part of a friendly, supportive
The successful applicant will be able to demonstrate:
● A solid foundation of IT and problem-solving skills covering both computer
hardware and software.
● Well-organised and adept administrative skills.
● Good telephone communication skills with a passion for high-quality
customer service. This role will be a main point of contact with clients
over the phone.
● Proficient written communication skills. You will be emailing and writing to
delegates on our Masters level courses and the team of Educational
Psychologists and partners that we work with.
● Accomplished verbal communication, interpersonal and team working
skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of customers and
● The ability to work with and support others with a variety of business IT
systems and software including our CRM and learning platform. Careful
data handling skills will be important.
● Self-motivation to achieve goals using your initiative, responsibility and
attention to detail.
● There will be an element of assisting in other administrative duties based
on business needs.
● Experience working with HTML5, PHP or WordPress is desirable; some of
the role may expand into supporting the development team.
● Ability to travel to our London-based Real Group offices (travel costs
would be covered by the company) as required, no more than once per
Salary: starting at £20K (depending on experience)
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Benefits: Flexible working hours + health cash plan + pension + bonus
Location: Canterbury, University Road. Once a month to Greenwich Office (with
This job description outlines the key accountabilities of, and output required from, the
postholder. It is not a definitive list and the role may well change and evolve over time.
Job title: IT Support Technician
Department / location: IT Administration / Canterbury Office
Report to: John Reid / David Hutter
Main purpose of the job:
To provide an efficient and effective IT support function to Real Group Ltd. To answer
all client telephone and email IT queries and support staff in the Canterbury,
Greenwich and Staines office teams with IT.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
● To assist Real Group clients with all IT queries.
● To assist the Real Group team with technical enquiries.
● To respond to client and inhouse emails and tickets
● To work with various IT systems including a customer relationship management
database keeping accurate records and tasks up to date
● To assist in other administrative duties based on business needs
● Provide basic IT training to team members
● All telephone queries are dealt with politely and professionally.
● E-mails from clients or prospects are responded to using good written English and
according to established protocols within 1 working day.
● Data entered into IT systems is accurate and up to date.
● Feedback and report to the development team of regular and recurring issues with
Real Group software.
● Place of work will be the Canterbury Real Group office, with at least one day per
month based in a London Real Group office (travel costs would be covered by the
● Attend team meetings either in, but not exclusively, the Real Group Canterbury or
● Core hours – 9am-5pm Monday-Friday taking a 30 minute unpaid break if working for a
continuous period of more than 6 hours. These may be changed from time to time
according to the needs of the business.
The above job description is a guide to the work you may be required to undertake but does not form part of your contract of employment and may change from time to time to reflect changing circumstances.
Date: July 2018