Company: Mathys & Squire LLP
Location: The Shard, London
Role: Trainee Patent Attorney
Start Date: Flexible
Apply here: www.sanctuarygraduates.co.uk/mathys-trainee-patent-attorneys/?ref=DEPT
Deadline: 27th July 2018
Who is the company?
– Ranked Tier 1 in Legal 500, Mathys & Squire is one of Europe’s most highly regarded intellectual property firms, with over 100 years of experience in the protection and commercialisation of intellectual property rights.
– With more than 60 qualified attorneys in offices in some of Europe’s top cities: London, Paris, Munich, Luxembourg, Manchester, Cambridge and York, as well as a dedicated team based in China, they are a full-service intellectual property firm specialising in a range of technical fields.
– Their clients and some of the technologies they work to protect include a big telecoms company, ghd (hair straighteners), BBC, 3D printing, spectrophotometry for tracing explosives, P&G, Kenwood, BP, Bitcoin and Blockchain.
What is a Patent Attorney?
– In short, Patent Attorneys handle the protection of inventions. They are experts with academic backgrounds in their fields, be it technology or engineering, for example.
– Patent Attorneys work with their clients’ new inventions, working with agricultural gadgets for improving the planet for example, and investigate them in depth to establish whether the technology is indeed new and unique and therefore needs protecting.
– At Mathys & Squire you will be hands-on in the role from day one and have direct relationships with clients.
Why should you apply?
– Firm: Legal 500 Tier 1 Ranked top global firm based in the Shard with an excellent starting salary.
– Role: Very broad exposure with lots of chances for rotation.
– Qualifications & training: Award winning tutorial programme for exams with a very high success rate. You will complete both the UK and the European Qualifying Examinations (EQEs) to become a fully qualified UK & European Patent Attorney.
– Very sociable firm: Big summer party, black-tie +1 Christmas ball, quiz nights, cheese/chocolate tasting events, games nights, beer and pizza evenings, trainees go out in Borough Market on Friday nights, play softball
– Strong charity committee: (sponsored cycle to Paris, Guide Dogs staff-voted charity of the year, bake sales)
– Perks: Corporate gym membership, up to 25 days holiday, excellent group pension scheme with contributions up to 10%, season ticket loan, private medical insurance, enhanced maternity pay, cycle to work scheme etc.
Who is best suited to this role?
– An excellent academic record
– 2:1 or a 1st in a technical degree: Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Automotive, Aerospace & Software Engineering, IT, Computer Science, Programming and Physics
– Post-graduate study / Masters / PhDs highly desirable but not essential
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are very important
Click here to apply now:
We will support and guide you throughout your entire application, preparing you along the way. This is a free service.