Want to use your degree to protect and influence new inventions? Want to work in a young, exciting and rapidly growing company in the North? Want to work in a role that offers a breadth of qualifications, experience and exposure?
This patent attorney firm, based in the beautiful, historic city of York, is looking to hire technical graduates to become future partners. If you’re looking for the opportunity to use your degree and develop your skill set in a client facing, commercially focussed role, then why not consider becoming a Patent Attorney?
Company: Firm of patent and trade mark attorneys
Role: Trainee Patent Attorney (Electronics/Telecoms)
Salary: Very competitive
Start Date: Flexible
Apply here: www.sanctuarygraduates.co.uk/patent-attorney-trainees/?ref=DEPT
Deadline: 8th July 2018
Who is the company?
This commercially focussed firm of patent and trade mark attorneys, based in York, has a global reach, representing and protecting the interests of multinational corporations, FTSE and NYSE listed companies, universities, spin-out companies, small businesses and innovators worldwide. They focus on clients in the Electronics and ICT, Advanced Engineering, Life Sciences, Chemistry & Pharmaceuticals industries and have a reputation for excellence, deep sector experience and a passion for meeting the business goals of their clients.
What is a Patent Attorney?
In short, Patent Attorneys handle the protection of inventions. They are experts with academic backgrounds in their fields, be it tech, engineering or pharmaceuticals, for example, they are NOT lawyers. Patent Attorneys work with their clients’ new inventions, whether this be a new piece of software or a new technology, and investigate them in depth to establish whether the technology is indeed new and unique and therefore needs protecting.
Why should you apply?
– Close access and mentoring from the founding partners who have great experience
– Good range of legal, technology and business exposure – Shape your own future as you grow, based on what you enjoy most
– Relatively young company that’s growing rapidly which creates an exciting environment to work in. You’ll be able to make an impact in the business from early on, instead of having to follow rules and processes that larger firms have
– Great potential for self-development and promotion – all qualifications supported and funded
– Enjoy a fantastic work-life balance and quality of life in a beautiful part of the country, living in a thriving city with easy transport links to the rest of the UK, Europe and the world
Who is best suited to this role?
– 2:1 or above in a technical degree such as: Physics, Computer Science, Electronic / Electrical / Telecommunications / Software engineering or related.
– Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are very important.
– We’re looking for someone with ties to the North or someone who is looking for a long-term career living and working in York (it takes 4-6 years to become a fully qualified UK & EU Patent Attorney)
Click here to apply now:
Sanctuary Graduates will support and guide you throughout your entire application, preparing you along the way. This is a free service.