SecureData is a specialist cybersecurity services and solutions company and are currently seeking an ambitious and driven 1st Line Support Engineer to join their team in Maidstone, Kent.
SecureData look after cybersecurity for a range of business organisations. They have a very broad range of services ranging from security assessments, implementing solutions, support and managed services. SecureData is unique due to their deep expertise and track record, breadth of offering as a dedicated cybersecurity services business, and the quality of their work.
As our 1st Line Support Engineer, you will report to the SOC Manager and will provide support for security products including firewalls, VPN and intrusion detection as a part of our busy Secure Operations Centre. You will be capable of working under pressure, possess excellent customer service and communication skills, and have a logical, methodical approach to troubleshooting.
You will ideally be an energetic and enthusiastic graduate looking to start a new career in the IT Security Industry!
Your key responsibilities will include the following:
• Being the first point of call for customers who need to raise an incident
• Answering customer queries via telephone and email
• Logging and updating tickets as quick as possible, ensuring the highest accuracy at all times
• Logging and assessing monitoring and threat event alerts
• Ensuring timely escalation to next level engineers/management
• Low level project work
• Undertaking training as required
• You will be required to undertake shift work which include early, core, and late shifts. There is also weekend work required roughly once every two months.
You must have the following skills and experience:
• You will possess some networking or IT knowledge, most likely from a recent degree or equivalent recognised certification such as CCNA/JNCIA
• You will ideally be familiar with Checkpoint, Juniper or Cisco firewalls
• You will preferably have experience with F5 load balancers, Aruba wireless and/or Websense or Bluecoat proxy
• Prior experience working within a 1st line support role would be extremely beneficial
By joining one of the world’s leading cybersecurity companies, you will be offered the following:
• An opportunity to join a fun, social and lively SOC team that are growing rapidly!
• Company pension scheme
• Competitive salary and generous holiday allowance
• Private medical healthcare with BUPA
• Life insurance
• Childcare vouchers
• A free annual eye test
• Company events several times per year
How to apply: Please send your CV and Cover Letter to email@example.com for
NB: No recruitment agencies. Any speculative or unsolicited CV’s shall be taken as a gift and
we will not be liable for a fee. By applying for a role at SecureData, you agree to adhere to
our privacy notice. Please find more details here: www.secdata.com/privacy-noticejob-applicants/