Graduate Software Engineer
● London, UK
SG Digital (formerly OpenBet) leads the global gaming market, providing innovative software that powers the world’s most successful operators.
They pride themselves on product innovation and technical excellence and are constantly adding new applications and new functionality to their product suite, used by billions of end users. And, while many other companies have been downsizing, they continue to see growth across their business.
Want to be part of their story?
SG Digital are looking for talented Graduates to join as a Junior Developer and work on the next generation of online sports betting and gaming platforms. Our world leading sportsbook product processes over 70% of all UK & Gibraltar regulated bets, on a system that offers unparalleled levels of performance and scalability.
As a Junior Developer with the SG Digital Team, you’ll have exposure to these systems, as well as extensive training and mentoring as you take our products and your career to the next level.
What you will be involved with as a Junior Software Engineer at OpenBet:
● Work as part of a self-organising SCRUM team to develop new features and functionality for large scale betting websites
● Practice Test-Driven Development (TDD) to produce robust, clear, polished code
● Design solutions that are modular, scalable, extendable and portable
● Work with customers to extract requirements using BDD
What would make you the Junior Software Engineer we are looking for:
● A high standing bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or information systems from a well regarded university
● Demonstrable coding talent in at least one major language (Java, J2EE, C, C++)
● Strong fundamental programming skills (data structures, algorithms)
● Database design experience (any vendor)
● Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken
It’d also be great to see these skills/experiences as well:
● Familiarity developing on Unix/Linux
● Experience with LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) website design
● Web development skills – HTML, HTML5 and CSS
● Knowledge of Agile, Scrum, BDD, TDD and/or CI
Alongside SG Digital’s dynamic and vibrant working culture and talented team members – we can offer you:
● The opportunity to interact with global teams, and where appropriate switch teams and projects as you and our business continues to develop and grow
● Tangible and genuine career development, where you can take your career where you want it to go!
● Exposure to real world and business critical projects & the chance to develop some of the world’s leading e-gaming platforms whilst working with various clients and seeing lots of code!
● The opportunity to work directly with the biggest names in the market
● Market leading benefits including health insurance, life assurance, season ticket loans, pension scheme, cycle to work scheme, subsidised gym membership and more.
● The very best working facilities in our London office, which includes chill-out areas, pool table, Ping-Pong, table-football, and games consoles. Our working atmosphere is creative, relaxed and professional, with a lot of bright people solving a lot of interesting problems.
Please note that our graduate programme has a projected start date of Sep 2018.
SG Digital are a software house based in West London. SG Digital was formerly known as OpenBet until Scientific Games bought them for their digital footprint. They operate exactly as they used to as OpenBet, but now have an even bigger financial backing from the Scientific Games in the US. SG Digital provide bespoke applications for betting and gambling companies across the globe and most notably in the UK – William Hill, Paddy Power, Sky Bet, Bet365, Ladbrokes Coral amongst others.
Company website: www.sgdigital.com/
The assessment day itself is on the 4th of July from 9:30am to 4:30pm at their London office: Building 9, Chiswick Park, 566 Chiswick High Road, London, W4 5XT.
It will include group exercises to assess teamwork and problem solving skills, interviews and a chance to have a chat with our developers (not assessed). Lunch will also be provided. We have a 60% offer rate following the assessment day.
To book your place apply by sending your CV to Laura Houghton at: firstname.lastname@example.org