Student Spotlight | Lucius Chung Yoong Fang – MSc Applied Actuarial Science

Lucius shares why he enjoys studying MSc Applied Actuarial Science at the University of Kent.

Why did you choose to study at the University of Kent?

IĀ  chose to study at the University of Kent because it has a big campus where I believed would hugely enhance my student life. Kent is not too far from London and offers exemptions from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries’ exams.

What is the best thing about studying in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science?

The best thing about studying in the School is that I get to meet course mates from all around the world and I am exposed to new ways of thinking and solving problems.

What has been your favourite topic/module on your course?

Communications is my favourite module, after all, people need to communicate everyday while doing whatever they are doing.

What have you found most interesting on your course?

The way of solving problems using mathematical knowledge.

Have you found the School to be supportive? If so, how has the School supported you?

The lecturers always ask for feedback and are keen to help.

What do you think of the Sibson Building? What do you think the Building means for students within the School?

Sibson is huge! I like the colour scheme so much as it really compliments the surrounding area. The Building has lots of study spaces and open areas for discussions and interactions.

Would you recommend studying at Kent?

I would definitely recommend studying at Kent! The experience has been great!

Click here for more information about MSc Applied Actuarial ScienceĀ or contact our friendly Admissions Team.