Student Spotlight | Lim Ke Xuan Brenda – BSc Actuarial Science with a Year in Industry

Brenda shares her experiences studying BSc Actuarial Science with a Year in Industry at the University of Kent, Canterbury.

Why did you choose to study at the University of Kent?

I chose to study at Kent because the Actuarial course and lecturers are excellent, the course offers exemptions from the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries and because it is a campus university.

What is the best thing about studying in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science?

The best thing about the School is the support given by the School. I also like that all of the lecturers come from the industry.

What has been your favourite topic/module on your course?

All of the actuarial modules!

What have you found most interesting on your course?

Being taught by lecturers who were once working in the industry. I have a better understanding of how the modules I am learning now fits into the working world.

Have you found the School to be supportive? If so, how has the School supported you?

Yes! When I was on my placement year, the School made sure to check in on me and ensure I was settling in fine. I also got a lot of support while looking for a placement.

What do you think of the Sibson Building? What do you think the Building means for students within the School?

The Sibson Building is very well built and has great study spaces.

Can you sum up your course in three words?

Engaging. Challenging. Stimulating.

Would you recommend studying at Kent?

Yes!

Click here for more information about BSc Actuarial Science with a Year in Industry or contact our friendly Admissions Team.