Ambassador Bio- Kiru Sritharan

Meet Kiru, one of our ambassadors!

What are you studying? 

Hi guys, my name is Kiru and I study Mathematics (BSc).

What Stage will you be in during 2019? 

This year I will be going into my third year.

Where are you from? 

I live in Harrow (fun fact, it’s where the first man who invented the post box lived in).

How long have you been an ambassador and what made you want to become one? 

I have been an ambassador for the past year and I have really enjoyed it!

What’s your favourite part about being an ambassador? 

I think it is very satisfying to help students realise that they are capable of reaching higher grades and bringing new people into the community and societies that we have here at the University of Kent.

What kind of work have you been involved in as an ambassador? 

I’ve also been at masterclasses where we help teach topics outside of the students’ curriculum and there are opportunities to learn about maths in the real world (e.g. maths in nature to the statistics in gambling).

What’s your favourite thing about being at the University of Kent? 

I joined the pole fitness society at uni and I believe that almost every new student, like I once did, will discover and grow their talents/interests and will find life-long friends at University. This is why at open days and talks it’s essential that my fellow ambassadors and I answer as many questions as we can and that we point them in the direction where we think that they can get more informed advice.

Do you have any advice/tips for prospective students?

Please feel free to come up to me to get any advice about future careers, the course and questions about life at University of Kent. I also don’t mind listening to any other concerns/worries that may come up during your stay here (: