Ambassador Bio- Lisa Cracknell

Meet Lisa, one of our ambassadors!

What are you studying? 

Hi, I’m currently studying Mathematics with Secondary Education.

What Stage will you be in during 2019? 

I will be going into Stage 2 this year.

Where are you from? 

I’ve lived in Essex my whole life, in Thurrock.

How long have you been an ambassador and what made you want to become one? 

I became an ambassador in my first year and have really enjoyed it so far. I wanted to become an ambassador because I liked the idea of being involved in the making of such a big decision such as the university choice. I also thought that the tutoring we do for college and school students would tie in well with my course and becoming a maths teacher.

What’s your favourite part about being an ambassador? 

My favourite part about being an ambassador is definitely being involved in the open days where you get to meet and talk to a variety of people.

What kind of work have you been involved in as an ambassador? 

As an ambassador, I’ve been involved in a few applicant days and open days. I also helped out during the revision classes we hold for the local colleges.

What’s your favourite thing about being at the University of Kent? 

My favourite part of the University of Kent has to be the campus. Not only does the campus have everything you could want or need, I just enjoy the atmosphere. Everything about the University just made my transition into uni life easier and comfortable.

Do you have any advice/tips for prospective students?

In terms of advice, I would stress that University is a time to explore and meet new people and step out of your comfort zone. Especially going into the first year, just remember that everyone is going through the same thing and feeling the same things, so don’t be afraid to reach out and try new things.