Student Spotlight | Kezia Huttlestone – BSc Mathematics and Statistics with a Year in Industry

Kezia Huttlestone achieved Upper Second Class Honours in the BSc Mathematics and Statistics with a Year in Industry in 2017.

Why did you choose to study at the University of Kent?

I chose to study at the University of Kent because it is such a good university and the campus view is beautiful.

What is the best thing about studying in the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Actuarial Science?

The best thing about studying in the School is the support available. I’ve definitely taken advantage of office hours and the lecturers’ willingness to help me understand things.

What has been your favourite topic/module on your course?

My favourite modules on my course have been the ones that are similar to what I did on my placement year. Anything that includes data analysis and optimisation.

What have you found most interesting on your course?

It’s really interesting when things that I’ve studied have turned out to have clear real-world implications and I can see that what I’m studying is actually useful.

Have you found the School to be supportive? If so, how has the School supported you?

The School has been really great at helping me to prioritise my degree and move past any setbacks.

What do you think of the Sibson Building? What do you think the Building means for students within the School?

The Sibson Building is beautifully designed and modern, and the food is gorgeous and healthy! I think the Sibson Building means that we have a space to study that’s ours. We don’t have to go to the library.

Can you sum up your course in three words?

Interesting. Useful. Challenging.

Would you recommend studying at Kent?

Yes I’d recommend studying at Kent. It’s a great university, the location is lovely, and the gym is amazing.