Meet Lucy, BSc Actuarial Science with a Foundation Year student

student lucy aldridge

BSc (Hons) Actuarial Science with a Foundation Year student Lucy Aldridge chatted to us about her experiences on her degree, including her personal highlights and advice for future students!

Why did you choose to study a foundation year at Kent, and did the year help you to prepare for the rest of your degree?

I chose a foundation year at Kent because I loved the campus. I thought the foundation year prepared me very well for the rest of my programme – and doing it was the best decision I ever made.

What was the highlight of your foundation year?

The highlight of my foundation year was getting my results and feeling really proud of myself after feeling so disappointed on A-level results day.

What do you think of the teaching and support available?

I think the teaching and support at Kent are second to none, all the lecturers and support staff were extremely helpful and supportive.

What do you hope to do in the future?

I plan to work as an actuary in general insurance or do the Applied Actuarial Science MSc at Kent.

Would you recommend the foundation year to students who may be considering applying?

I would highly recommend the foundation year to anyone considering applying. The year gave me time to perfect my exam and study skills which meant I could perform better in stage 1, 2 and 3. It also gave me an extra year at Kent which I am so grateful for as I love the university.

If you are considering applying- definitely do it as it was the best decision I ever made!