Develop core employability skills, widen your experience and build a successful career with Generating Genius and the National Grid.
Who can apply?
- 1st and 2nd year university students or 3rd years of a 4 year course
- Studying Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and General Engineering. Or Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Household income below £42,875 (all ethnicities) who attended a non fee-paying school
- Black African or Caribbean backgrounds who attended a non fee-paying school
- students who have the right to work in the UK
Whats in it for me?
- Up to 6 experiences for your CV this summer
- Make lasting connections with like minded STEM students
- Put your technical skills to the test in an industry challenge
- Participation Certificates signed by Generating Genius and the National Grid
- Make your personal statement and CV stand out
- Network with National Grid employees this summer!
What does the pathway include?
- Insight talks – deepen your understanding of the energy sector and National Grid
- Challenge Days – Brush up on your technical, teamwork and presentation skills
- Insight weeks – 3 days of insight talks, challenges and ups killing events
- 1:1 Mentoring – make your personal statement and CV stand out and learn how to ace an interview
- Upskilling workshops – Tap into the knowledge skills and experience of national grid employees
- Career panels – Gain tips and advice from National Grid employees on how to break into the energy sector
- Potential work experience opportunities – gain real life experience and develop industry knowledge
Deadline 30th June 2021