Packaging and Design Support
Beams International Limited are based In Gillingham in Kent are looking for a graduate with an understanding of CAD to support their Packaging and Graphic Designers.
Beams International Limited are the market Leader in bespoke gifting solutions. Working with major high street retailers, eCommerce leaders and major brands such as Diageo, Guinness and Jack Daniels.
One of our biggest USPs is that we offer a complete, end to end service, from concept through to delivery. Key to being able to offer this service is our in-house design studio, which is a clear differentiator from our competitors.
The Design team consists of three creative Graphic Designers/Artworkers and a Packaging Designer. The team provide a high-quality in-house design service from pack concept through to print-ready artwork. They work directly with the Product Development team on both seasonal and all -year-round (AYR) products and gifting solutions for some of the largest alcohol, food and lifestyle brands in the UK.
• Your primary focus will be working alongside our experienced Packaging Designer operating our CAD System Impact and ZUND carton plotter.
• The role requires a detailed understanding of CAD, whether it be using any of the industry standard applications or a CAD table for producing samples. Any specific knowledge of Impact, Arden or Artios CAD systems would be highly advantageous
• You will be required to produce high quality samples of packaging, whether it be white samples for prototypes or full colour samples for brand approval. Once these samples have been produced you will be tasked with photographing these for our Job Management System and Product Development reference.
• A large element of the role will require creating carton drawings for costing purposes. This does entail a lot of administration work, so good IT skills will be essential.
• You will also be required to spend some of your time in the Print Department using our Roland Large Format UV printer. You will be tasked with printing packs created by our designers, for client ready mock-ups. Whilst full training will be given in the use and running of this machine, previous experience would be beneficial.
• You will be dealing directly with our Product Development team on seasonal and AYR packaging briefs and creating innovative solutions, whilst ensuring they remain cost effective to produce.
• You will be keen, enthusiastic and a hardworking individual and with such a critical part to play, and the seasonal nature of our business, at times it can get very busy and demanding. Attention to detail under pressure is paramount for this role.
• The role of Packaging & Design Support will require a high degree of accuracy and the ability to maintain your composure under pressure while managing multiple, competing priorities.
We are seeking someone who can bring the following skills and experience to the role…
• CAD knowledge, preferably Impact, Arden or Artios
• Ability to operate a CAD table for sample making
• IT knowledge and use of PC’s
• Ability to develop creative solutions that are also cost efficient to manufacture
• Excellent verbal communication and team skills
• Having a methodical and organised approach to work at both individual and team level
• Focused on right first time, quality and accuracy
• Keen problem-solving skills
• Willingness to learn on the job
• An excellent team player
To apply send your CV and a cover letter/email to Larry Tampkins at Larry.Tampkins@beamsint.com