National Trust London & South East are looking for a Kent student or graduate to look at their wildlife data, and help establish systems to ensure historical data is collated digitally.
Potential projects and tasks could include:
- Looking at historical data for birds (breeding, migrating or whatever) and butterflies on the chalk/clifftop grassland
- Ensuring that we have good links with local “amateur naturalists” and species recorders and that all data is being recorded and can be analysed
- Identifying key species that we should manage for – possibly focusing on those we have at present but also those that may move in or out because of climate change
- Producing a series of recommendations for future management
- Helping with day-to-day management of local National Trust sites
This will be an unpaid position, but travel expenses can be claimed.
If you are interested, please contact: Crispin.Scott@nationaltrust.org.uk