This scholarship fund is aimed at budding researchers with creative and open minds towards the challenges of applied research, including:
• Undergraduate and graduate students
• PhD students
• Everyone with a genuine interest in cultural anthropology
• Previous participants of the project
We offer a unique learning opportunity in a multidisciplinary research project on the isle of Gozo, Malta. Expeditions and the University of Leuven offer a 20.000 euro scholarship fund to cover part or all of the tuition fees for the 2018 Malta Summer School.
Selection is not based on academic merit, originality or complexity – instead we look for enthusiasm, dedication and creativity! Candidates are invited to propose two or more creative research concepts that can be built upon fieldwork performed during one session of the summer school on Gozo (Malta). From these proposals, the scholarship review board will select 15 candidates to work out a more detailed research plan within a deadline of two months (January/February). These 15 proposals will be ranked and scholarships will be divided according to this ranking. The top ranked proposals will be granted a full scholarship, others will receive a partial scholarship. None of the scholarships include airfare from and to Malta.
How can I apply for this initial selection?
• Send us two or more research concepts
• 150-250 words per research concept
• Submitting can only be done through this online form
• The deadline for submissions (first stage) is January 5th
• Please visit our website for more detailed information
Please note that the number of students accepted in the program is limited. Scholarships will be granted only after the completion of the selection procedure, while registration is open to non-scholarship participants.