and its nearly the end of the year!!

I can’t believe that next Friday is the end of the 2015-2016 academic year! Where has this year gone?! #timeflies I always feel a bit sentimental during this time of year as it reminds me of when I had finished my University degree two years ago (and I really can’t believe it was now that long ago!!) ready to go out into the big wide world! Even though I had finished University I came back to Kent two days later to start my current role! So I really wasn’t away for too long!

Even though it has been a very stressful time for the students I’m writing this week’s post to urge all of the students to please please please #recycle everything you can before you leave!!!! (Sorry if that sounded a bit desperate!)

For those first year students who are moving out of University accommodation I’m sure you will agree that your parents would appreciate that you get rid of what you don’t want to take home before you leave and save some car space! We have all of the facilities for this to be possible (and its super easy) no matter where you live on campus.

On Monday we have banners (with thanks to Recycle now for the templates) going up on campus with reminders of what you can recycle from each room in your accommodation so keep an eye out! You would have already had posters put into your accommodation kitchens with the recycling information and bags for you to put any donations into for the British Heart Foundation.

Now for a quick break down of what and how you can recycle: All plastics (bottles, tubs, pots etc), tins, cans, paper, cardboard, aerosol sprays and cartons go into the mixed recycling bin which has a large green lid. Glass bottles and jars go into the glass recycling bin which has a small green lid. You then may have batteries, toner and ink cartridges, mobile phones and electrical items which all go to your accommodation reception. Then any donations such as clothes, books, shoes, bags, dvd’s, cd’s and games go into the British Heart Foundation donation points. If you have any unopened non-perishable food such as rice, pasta, cereals, tins and cans etc. then drop them off at either the Parkwood Admin building on Tuesday the 14th of June between 11-3 or at the Rutherford Atrium on Friday the 17th of June between 11-3 where the products will be donated to those in need with FareShare. Then all you will have left is any opened or half eaten food, duvets or sanitary products which need to go into the general waste bins which have a large black lid.

Phew that’s everything! If you keep in mind that all the facilities that you need can be found around your accommodation it makes it so much easier! And all of the staff here at Kent would really appreciate the bins being used to their full advantage and in the correct way. Our website shows maps which have all of the locations of all of the different types of recycling on campus but if anyone is really not sure just tweet me!

I really hope that you’ve enjoyed this academic year and that after a nice relaxing #summer break you will be looking forward to joining us again in late September!

That’s me over and out. (Well until next week that is!) 🙂