The ability to consider other people’s perspectives, spreading joy in our community and supporting others is the theme of this month’s Round Up.
Meaning in Helping Others
- Students Tobias and Nicolette have created workshops that connect fellow Psychology students. Here’s how.
- There are school strike support drop-in sessions available – check in here.
Funded PhD Studentship!
- Identifying the socio-cognitive mechanisms that underpin the ability to consider other peoples’ perspectives. Apply for a 3-year PhD studentship with Professor Heather Ferguson and Dr Lindsey Cameron, funded by the Leverhulme Trust. Find out more.
The Happy Schools Project
- For children’s mental health week, we helped Kent school children create their own happiness research projects!
Choosing the Perfect Mate
- Arnaud Wiseman looked into the psychology of men’s mating preference in the context of sexual arousal.
Coming up soon..
- This International Women’s Day – we are delighted to host political activist and Kent alumna Aba Amoah. Join us on Wednesday 8th March!
- Professor Alexsandra Cichocka beautifully kicked off the HSS Innaugral Lecture Series last month. She’s followed by development economist Professor Zaki Wahhaj who will speak on Marriage Decisions in Low-Income Countries next on Friday 10 March.