Jim Everett wins the SPSP Early Career Trajectory Award

Dr Jim Everett has won the 2021 Society for Personality and Social Psychology’s Early Career Trajectory Award.

The award Early Career Trajectory Award recognises outstanding achievements by early career scholars (between 4 and 6 years Post-PhD) in social and personality psychology, including contributions to teaching, research, or service to the field.This becomes the fourth early career award Dr Jim Everett has received this year alone. Other awards include

• The Association for Psychological Science’s “Rising Star” Award (February)
  • The University of Kent’s “Starting Researcher Prize” (June)
  • The Leverhulme Prize (October)

“I am tremendously honoured and grateful to be recognised in this way. I remain indebted to everyone who has supported me in this journey, for nothing I have achieved is a product of mine alone. I am especially thankful for my mentors and colleagues for continuing to believe in me and my potential and support me in my academic journey.”

In addition to the early career award received last year from the European Association of Social Psychology (EASP), this means he has received the early career award from the three largest international associations in the field

1. EASP
  2. The Association for Psychological Science (APS)
  3. The Society for Personality and Social Psychology (SPSP).

Covid permitting, Dr Everett is set to be honoured at the upcoming annual conference in San Francisco in February 2022.

Congratulations Dr Jim Everett!