3 ideas to feel more at ease before starting University!

iPhone with pictures and text on

Jade Brown started her degree in the midst of a global pandemic. Here she shares her top three ideas to make you feel more at ease before starting University

🎓Watch campus tours

• This will become your new home for the next 3-4 years. Moving away from familiarity can be daunting and fricking terrifying. You can find loads of resources online specific to your university. Research the campus, nearby shops, doctors and sports facilities. If you can, take a virtual tour around campus. You could even take the yellow man on google maps for a walk around your university area. Google maps will be your lifeline when you start university.

🧠Check out what services the university offers

• You are not alone in feeling scared, anxious and apprehensive about starting university and I am sure this is also met with feelings of excitement and enthusiasm. Universities will have many services available to meet your needs. Don’t be afraid to reach out for help and explore what the university can do to ensure you have the BEST university experience possible.

🏠Familiarise yourself with your accommodation

• Welcome to your new home. Home sweet home. This was key for me feeling content and at ease moving away from home. Watching YouTube clips and familiarising myself with my new home for the next year was vital for reducing my anxiety. It also gave me the perfect opportunity to plan my decor. I’m a little plant obsessed.

Jade Brown is a BSC Psychology Student, blogging her way through her degree. Follow @Psych_with_Jade on Instagram.