Testimonial MSc in Political Psychology – Linus Peitz

Why did you choose this postgraduate course and institution?
I completed my undergraduate degree in psychology, I wanted to continue in this field with a focus on political issues, and the Political Psychology MSc programme at Kent, and its emphasis on quantitative methods seemed to be the perfect match for me.

Despite the fact that the course had just been introduced last term, things worked very smoothly, which is undoubtedly the achievement of the teaching and administration staff. No questions are left unanswered and whenever I encountered a problem that could not be solved via email, there is always someone available you can speak to in person, whether it’s a questions about statistical analysis, an assignment you don’t understand or anything to do with future career or research plans.

The course itself offers a great mix of social- and political-science modules, and one of its core strengths is the diversity of content. All modules, be it on group-processes, public opinion, political ideology or intergroup relations, are presented from multiple angles and it is down to the student to choose the point of emphasis. This allowed me to explore topics that were totally new to me, which there were a lot of, and apply them to issues that I am personally interested in. This ultimately led me to my current research project where I explore the ideological underpinning of attitudes towards supranational institutions, a topic that I hope to continue working on for a PhD here at Kent.