The G7 assembled in Cornwall so we gathered for our own socially distanced photocall on the steps of the Templeman Library -the first time the faculty have seen each other in over a year. Here is some of our news.
The HSS division launched Summer Bites!
- A month of bitesize talks from the Schools of Anthropology and Conservation, Economics, Politics and International Relations, and Psychology about the study of humans and the systems we use to live on the planet we inhabit. View July’s schedule.
We celebrated Pride
- Priscus asks ‘isn’t there a certain pointlessness in labels, in man-made classifications that intend to generalize when each of us is unique?’ Read more here.
Want to know what it is really like as a student at Kent?
- We quizzed BA Politics and International Relations student, David, about why he chose Kent and his experience of studying here. Read his experience.
Many students have passed through Kent but what are they up to now?
- We spoke to Kinnari Doke about her journey After Kent. Kinnari studied a BA (Hons) in Politics and International Relations between 2013 – 2016. Read her journey.
- Callum MacLean studied a BA in Conflict, Peace and Security and an MA in International Conflict Analysis, both at Kent between 2014-2018. Read his journey.
- Lisa Vandenberghe studied Politics and International Relations (Bi-diplôme) – BA (Hons) between 2019-2020 at Canterbury. Read her journey.
- Tom Spare studied a BA in Politics between 2010 to 2013. Read his Journey.
Five years on from the UK referendum…
Professor Richard Whitman revisited his thoughts on the EU’s relationship with Canada as a model for the future relationship between the UK and the EU. Read more.
The G7 Summit took place in the UK…
- Professor Richard Whitman looks beyond the glossy photocalls to discern the real relevance of the meeting. Read here.
Our staff were excellent!
- Our teaching staff won prizes from the University’s Graduate and Researcher College (GRC). Check out our award winning staff!
- Professor Richard Whitman was awarded a British Academy Senior Research Fellowship. See more.
- Professor Elena Korosteleva has been invited to become an Honorary Non-residential Fellow of the European Institute for International Law and International Relations. Find out more.
- …Sir Edward Heath had not been elected Tory leader? Find out here from Professor Richard Whitman.
What challenges will the new Israeli Government face?
- Dr Yaniv Voller, an expert in Middle East politics at the School of Politics and International Relations, has commented on the challenges that the new Israeli government is likely to face. Read here.