After Kent – Catching up with Lisa Vandenberghe

Many students have passed through Kent but what they up to now? In the After Kent series, we talk to Lisa Vandenberghe about her journey After Kent. Lisa studied Politics and International Relations (Bi-diplôme) – BA (Hons) between 2019-2020 at Canterbury.

What do you miss the most about studying Politics at Kent?

After two years at Kent, what I miss the most is the campus life. Being able to work, study, attend societies’ events and exploring this beautiful campus was really great. I miss walking around the historic city centre and, of course, studying in the stunning Templeman library!

What are you up to now? 

I am currently studying for my Masters in Management of Public Policies. It is a double degree between Sciences Po Lille and EDHEC Business School. I will work for the next 6 months as an intern for a consulting firm working with local communities.

How has studying Politics at Kent prepared you for the future/your current position? 

Studying in Kent has helped me to become more autonomous in my studies. It is a great asset for my future job as a consultant. My double degree has also been a great opportunity to deepen my understanding of the European and international arena. I have also developed my critical and public speaking skills thanks to Model United Nations.

What advice would you give potential/current Politics students?

The best piece of advice would be to make the most of your years at Kent. Get engage in as many activities as you can. Attend events organised by the School of Politics, try as many societies as you wish or get a student job on campus. Take every opportunity to meet new people!

What do you plan to do in the future? 

After my masters, I am planning to keep working for French local communities. To do so, I would either carry on working as a consultant or sit contests in order to become a fonctionnaire (civil servant) working for politicians. And maybe, who knows, engage in politics myself someday! Time will tell . . .

IIf you are a POLIR alumni and studied either an undergraduate, postgraduate or PhD degree with us and would like to share your story, contact us, we would love to hear from you!

Facebook

Instagram

Twitter