Conflict, Elections, Eid, Events and Exams -we’ve either been involved in it or commenting on it, from our Canterbury campus.
Students at Kent celebrated Eid-ul-Fitr!
- Sharing pictures of their food, clothes and customs and why Eid is important to them. See more.
Congratulations to Professor Richard Whitman!
- The British Academy announced Professor Richard Whitman as the recipient of a British Academy/Leverhulme Senior Research Fellowships for his project on The UK’s European diplomacy: from accession to Brexit. Find out more.
Our Research Seminar Series resumed…
- Featuring guest speakers from external institutions the first three events for the Research Seminar Series have been announced. Further details for each event will be announced closer to the date. Join us!
- Guest Speaker Dr Sara Salam discussed the Anti-colonial Afterlife of Egypt at the first event on May 19th. Find out more.
Catching up with our alumni…
- Many students have passed through Kent but what they up to now? In the After Kent series, we talk to Kent’s POLIR alumni to see what they’re up to and what they miss about Kent! Find out more.
- In response to the escalating situation between Israelis and Palestinians, Dr Yaniv Voller, an expert in Middle East politics at the School of Politics and International relations, has provided an explainer. Read it here.
- Dr Yaniv Voller discussed the conditions leading to these latest clashes between Palestine and Israel this morning on BBC Radio Kent. Listen here.
- Dr Voller commented on the recent efforts by US President Joe Biden to reinstate Iran’s nuclear deal and Israel’s concern. Learn more.
The regional elections took place…
- Professor Matthew Goodwin commented on the Conservative Party election victories in The New York Times. Read more.
- Standing for Labour in Canterbury, Alister Brady won with a healthy majority. Find out more.
Do we need a Post-Covid Economic Revolution?
- Dr Albena Azmanova, spoke at the event “Debating Europe/Europa im Diskurs” from the Burgtheater in Vienna. Watch here.
Representatives from G7 countries met face-to-face for the first time in two years…
- As the G7 Foreign Ministers’ Meeting took place, Professor Richard Whitman discussed on BBC Radio Scotland, how important the UK location is for Post-Brexit International Relations. Listen here.
There was a forced landing…
- Professor Elena Korosteleva commented on Roman Protasevich’s arrest, afer the flight he was travelling on was forced to land in Minsk. Read more.
Our research was published…
- Professor Elena Korosteleva and Dr Zachary Paikin published a Special Issue of International Politics Journal. Learn more.
- Professor Thomas Kruessmann published a chapter in the book ‘Principled Pragmatism in Practice’. Read more.
Events continued online…
- The 6th edition of the Delphi Economic Forum Annual Conference took place in Athens, under the patronage of H.E. the President of the Hellenic Republic Ms Katerina Sakellaropoulou. Find out more.
- Three events for the Jean Monnet Network BEAR (Between the EU and Russia) were organised. Learn more.
Keep up to date with the latest news from the School of Politics and International Relations