Politics staff success at Kent Union Teacher’s Awards 2014

The School would like to congratulate Paul Ashby and Sara Witchell on winning their awards at the Kent Union Teacher’s Awards 2014. The awards ceremony was held on Thursday 29th May, Paul Ashby in his role as Assistant Lecturer for the School won the award for the best Postgraduate student who teaches, after receiving his award he said “I am extremely grateful to Kent Union and to all of my students. I had such a good time lecturing this year and to be recognised for that is very touching. Also thanks to all the staff who helped me and who have made this job a pleasure.”

Mrs Sara Witchell won the award for the best professional services in her role as Student Support Officer for the School. Sara Witchell also commented on what this award means to her, “As Student Support Officer, I am here to help support our students with any queries or difficulties they may have, and hopefully help to ensure that their time at University is a positive one.  To win this award hopefully means that I am having a positive impact.  Thanks to the Kent Union, the students who nominated me, as well as to the School of Politics and International Relations – without the support of my colleagues, I would not be able to do my job.”

The Kent Union Teacher’s Awards mean so much to the School, since the nominations come directly from the students it is good to know that they are satisfied with both the teaching and the professional services that are offered within the School, this is a fantastic achievement for the School.