The mission of the Kent Graduate and Researcher College is to lead and champion the strategic development of provision for graduate education and research at the University of Kent as well as support the development of all academic staff engaged in research. The Graduate and Researcher College is located in a central location on the Canterbury campus (Cornwallis East, third floor), with offices for its staff and a dedicated training room.
The Graduate and Researcher College works in partnership with academic schools, Divisions, central service departments and Kent Union to enhance the quality of the postgraduate student experience across all campuses and centres and create a vibrant postgraduate community at Kent.
We aim to ensure that the academic and social interests of postgraduate students, both taught and research, are appropriately provided for within the University by developing:
- Dedicated postgraduate facilities
- A supportive environment for the intellectual interests of our postgraduates
- Student-led initiatives such as social events, conferences and workshops, both online and face-to-face where feasible
- The Global Skills Award for Taught Master’s students
- The Researcher Development Programme for research students
- A strong framework of specialist support for our postgraduates across the University, including looking after their wellbeing
- Internationally distinctive, exciting and innovative programmes of study that combine academic excellence with exceptional student experience and appropriate learning resources
- Further funding and study opportunities through the cultivation of external links with Research Councils, graduate schools and other organisations both nationally and internationally