This free training opportunity is for key staff involved in supporting children in care and care leavers, including advocates, social workers, virtual school staff etc. to learn more about supporting young people into and through Higher Education. We will explore pathways to Higher Education, opportunities for young people after they complete compulsory education, and help to demystify university and Higher Education.
The aim is for attendees to:
- Feel more confident having conversations about Higher Education with the young people they work with
- Learn more about specific opportunities and funding available for care experienced students
- Have a better understanding of how to support young people in applying to Higher Education
The session will be led by Outreach staff from University of Kent, Canterbury Christ Church University, and University of the Creative Arts, and supported by care experienced student ambassadors.
This free training event is offered at both the University of Kent campuses, and you can sign up for the one that is best for you:
- 13-16:00 Tuesday 19 September 2023, University of Kent Canterbury Campus
- 13-16:00 Wednesday 20 September 2023, University of Kent Medway Campus
To sign up, please follow this booking link to book you place online. Booking is open until Monday 11 September, and you will be contacted thereafter with full details.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com