This free session is designed for young people who are considering going to university in autumn 2023, and their supporters. We will cover all the need to knows, including what to take, making the most of your first few weeks, jobs and where to find support.
This session aims to help students to feel more prepared to make the transition to university, including:
- Developing confidence in their potential to progress onto and succeed at university.
- How to access the information, advice & guidance they need to make a successful transition to HE.
- Experience a positive introduction from academic staff, other university employees and students.
- Discover course options and placement opportunities at higher education.
- Discover social and leisure, and extra-curricular opportunities at higher education.
- Discover careers information, advice, and guidance services at higher education.
- Discover academic and information services, facilities, and resources at higher education.
In addition, for carers and supporters to feel more prepared to support young people with their progression choices.
We will hear from care experienced students about their experiences of preparing for and starting Higher Education, too.
The session will be led by Outreach staff from University of Kent, Canterbury Christ Church University, and University for the Creative Arts, and supported by care experienced student ambassadors.
Thursday 07 September 2023, 10-11:30 Microsoft Teams
To register to attend this event, please follow this booking link. Booking open until Monday 04 September 2023.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org