Things are changing for the Office for Scholarly Communication

When we started to return to the office on 20th September I never imagined that, just ten days later, I would be leaving my role as Scholarly Communications Coordinator for one year. On the 1st October 2021 I joined Research and Innovation Services as the Management and Information Systems Manager.

The Research and Scholarly Communication Support team will continue to provide expert support and advice, as they always do, but have kindly agreed to take on extra work in the short term. This has given me the support to go and try something new for a little while and the opportunity to bring back knowledge that I can share.

Everything is taken care of so there is no need to worry if you already work with us, for example, as an editor of a journal published via the Open Journal System, or if you need help with a research dissemination plan.

I will be taking a few tasks with me into my new role so expect to continue to hear from me about your researchfish reporting requirements to your funder, or if you’re getting in touch about your Signature Research Themes website.

If you are unsure about who to contact for help and support then the ‘Services to support your research guide’ is a great place to start. If you can’t find what you’re looking for there then please contact the Research and Scholarly Communication Support team.

See you all again very soon, and maybe even as part of my new role.

Josie