The Office for Scholarly Communication are leading the university’s contribution to the UKRI Open Access Review Consultation, which closes at noon on the 17 April 2020.
We are working with representatives from across ‘Information Services’ Research Support’, ‘Copyright, Software Licensing and Policy’, ‘Research Services’, and ‘Kent Innovation and Enterprise’ to respond to the consultation.
“UKRI will review and develop its open access policies to:
- enhance the research, societal and economic benefits that can be derived from UKRI-funded research through improving access to research outputs
- deliver sustainable support for open access and better value for money
- ensure policy is joined up across UKRI constituent bodies and that it is clear, unambiguous and as easy as possible to comply with
- encourage the development of new models of open access publishing
- support the adoption of open access through collaboration and alignment with national and international partners.”
Please send any thoughts you have about the UKRI Open Access Review Consultation to the Office for Scholarly Communication by 10th April 2020.