Stealing Persephone: An Audio Play

by Adam

(Narrator);

Evidence. The only way that you get caught. Good thing we don’t  leave evidence, at least we didn’t, until she was involved.

Let me take you back to that time when everything changed.

(Mafia man 1);

“Damn it Hades, why would you do this. She’s not one of us. You can’t try and be with her if you do you’ll jeopardise the entire mafia.”

(Hades);

“But I have to, she she’s beautiful and smart and, and, and.”

(Mafia man 1);

“It doesn’t matter, she’s not one of us you know we have rules and traditions if you screw this up it’ll be your head on the line.”

(Hades);

“I know I know, any way you need to go I’m heading back.”

(Mafia man 1);

“Fine Hades see you tomorrow.”

(Hades-monologue);

Why does he have to be so dramatic, it’s not like we’ll all die or get caught. All this trouble over a girl.

(Narrator);

At that moment Hades eyes caught a glimpse of the most beautiful woman he’d ever seen.

This woman was Persephone the daughter of Zeus and the whole reason everyone was turning on him.

“Persephone” he whispered to himself. He knew what he must do, she must be his.

At that moment  Hades sped off down the road and around the other side of the alley, blocking the exit. Hades stepped out of his car, grabbed Persephone, gagging her and stuffing her in the trunk of his car. “I’m sorry it had to turn out like this but soon you will realise how much you really mean to me.”

(Narrator);

Hades goes to the warehouse  with Persephone

(Mafia man 1);

“What the hell have her done, we told not to kidnap or do anything to do with Persephone and you go behind our backs.”

(Hades);

“Ok guys look I know I was told not to do anything but I couldn’t resist it, she was so memorising her bright blue dress was captivating. I promise nothing bad will happen we won’t get caught.”

(Narrator);

Unfortunately this is one of those promises you can’t keep no matter how much you try

(Narrator);

meanwhile back at Zeus’ house hold

(Zeus);

“Where is my daughter! if no one finds her I will have the whole police force shut down! Do you understand me!”

(Police Sargent);

“Zeus sir, we have found evidence, Persephone is at the warehouse.”

(Zeus);

“Good, now you are dismissed I will be dealing with this personally.”

~knock knock~

(Narrator):

the warehouse opens up.

(Zeus);

“Of course it’s you hades I knew this travesty had something to do with you. NOW TELL ME WHERE IS MY DAUGHTER!”

(Hades);

“I’m sorry Zeus but she doesn’t want to be with you she wants to be with me, ask her for your self if you wish.”

(Persephone);

“It’s true I’m sorry father but I’m  sick of being bound by your rules, I have fallen deeply in love with this man here, Hades.”

(Zeus);

“My lovely daughter Persephone. This can’t be true what about your mother and me, we still need you back home.”

(Persephone);

“I’m sorry to have left like this but I no longer want to be bound by you. I can see you are in distress so every six months I will visit. I will spend six months here with Hades and six back home.”

(Zeus);

“Thank you Persephone.”

(Persephone);

“Father there is one more thing I must inform you I am marrying Hades  and becoming queen of the underworld.”

(Zeus);

“Although I may disapprove you are free to make your own decisions and I will support you no matter the cost.”

*little did Zeus know Hades used hypnotism to seduce Persephone at that time, but know this  she is in love with him, at least she is now.*

Key:

*context