mirror mirror

a tale of two peeps by megan

ila is dead bois

MIRROR MIRROR

“YEET, school is officially over until tomorrow :[ “ I screamed to my only friend yup im a loner. hai im ila and because hell has ended for today im dragging myself to the gym, gotta get that summer body ready…even though its winter , wow im such a teenager yeah. “byeeeee phoenix”  and I parted ways with him, walking to the changing rooms ….buuuuuut to keep this pg we wont show any of that so yeah time skipokay now im ready for the gym *insert eye of the tiger* time to do one pull up that will get me abs right? I entered the room an ominous feeling crept its way into my head one that I couldn’t shake It was completely empty deserted ,isolated it felt eerie , I could imagine a hand so vividly on my back that I felt something breathe down my neck its cold breath leaving an imaginary clammy residue I walked further my footsteps drowning out the sound of each other then I saw something a mirror it wasn’t here before, suppose the school is trying to make ourselves hate out bodies even more now greaaaaat I approached the mirror it was big , like unusually big I recoiled seeing what monster that stared back at me ..wait nope just my face false alarm I did a little dance however my reflection was delayed oh well , I did my pull up and walked out but my reflection stayed not that I noticed…

good good good have to be real again, real real good people can see things who am I what am I what will I become what do I become …bang my thoughts were interrupted by a bang not loud enough to raise alarm but enough to wake me from this hypnotic trance…bang it was getting louder…bang bang..bang and more frequent bang…bang BANG BANG BANG BANG this was the sound my person was approaching I was going to be real again I could hear her ,her rosy sent played with my mismatched sences I could finally I could leave this god foresaked mirror I could become a real human , not a deranged copy not a reflection . I was once a happy care free person and just like the sweet smelling girl I had fallen victim to the mirror . you touch it and it brings out the worst in you as it slowly takes over your being a continuous battle that you would inevitably loose they would become good the real you and you would become the bad part of you the part no one wants ten be doomed to spend all eternity as a reflection with no emotion but lust, the need to be free nothing but envy and want the want to be real again nothing and nobody could stop a reflection … BOOOOOOOM she was approaching her sent I could now taste making my mouth water I saw an image of he dancing her sillohete doing silly moves I couldn’t help but feel regret for what I was going to do so much so I coudnt keep up with the rosy girls dance she approached coming closer nearly touching YESIT WAS GOING TO HAPPEN…she backed away did a pull up and sauntered off wile I was trapped until the next time she dared look at herself for it would be her last…

I headed home unaware of the dangers that lurked within me, I was going to be the death of myself ….but I didn’t know so home I headed bounding along the path worn over the years I continued stride in each step I have always been un usually optimistic ever since I was a little fetus .my mother has a photo of me on the mantle piece from the younger me I was wearing my hair in pig tails looking gosh darn adorable if I do say so myself the pigtails held together with tiny pink bows I was smiling, the ice cream I was holding , lets just say most of it ended up as a very mixed matched foundation to dark to belong to my freakishly pale complexion I thought about this photo all the way home until I was in my living room, the smiling toddler I had remembered so vividly being so happy looked the same but looking at it I felt it was in pain like an opposite of me a deranged reflection…