Today sees the launch of both the National Student Survey (NSS) and the Undergraduate Survey (UGS) – law students need to complete either the NSS (mainly for final-year undergraduate students) or the UGS (you don’t need to complete both!)
National Student Survey (NSS)
All eligible students who complete the NSS by Monday 18 February 2019 can claim a £10 Amazon voucher. And, for Law School students, there’s also a weekly prize draw until Friday 8 March!
If you’re eligible to participate in this year’s survey, you’ll receive an email invitation from Ipsos MORI on Thursday 31 January.
To claim your £10 Amazon voucher:
- complete the survey before Monday 18 February 2019 and forward your NSS survey completion confirmation email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 February
To enter the Kent Law School weekly prize draw:
- complete the survey before Friday 8 March and forward your NSS survey completion confirmation email to email@example.com (the sooner you complete the survey, the more draws you’ll be entered into – once entered, you’ll remain in the draw!)
Kent Law School prize draws will be held at 12pm on:
- Friday 1 February 2019: First prize – £100 Amazon voucher. Second and third prizes – a Kent Law School hoodie
- Friday 8 February 2019: First prize – £50 Amazon voucher
- Friday 15 February 2019: First prize – £50 Amazon voucher
- Friday 22 February 2019: First prize – £50 Amazon voucher
- Friday 1 March 2019: First prize – £50 Amazon voucher
- Wednesday 6 March 2019: First prize – £50 Amazon voucher
- If the School reaches a completion rate of 75% by Friday 8 March 2019 a final draw will be held at 12pm that day with a first prize of £100 Amazon voucher and a second and third prize of a Kent Law School hoodie
The NSS is an annual independent survey giving students across the UK the opportunity to give their feedback on their experiences of university study – both what you liked and what you think could be improved. It will run from Monday 28 January 2019 until Tuesday 30 April 2019 and takes about 10 minutes to complete.
For more information, and to take the survey, visit www.kent.ac.uk/student/surveys
Undergraduate Survey (UGS)
Throughout February, the University is also running the Undergraduate Survey (UGS) – the UGS is an internally run survey of all students on Undergraduate level programmes at the University of Kent (excluding those who are eligible to complete the NSS). It launches today and closes on Friday 1 March 2019.
If you are eligible, you will receive an email this week from Professor April McMahon, Deputy Vice-Chancellor Education. Completing this survey helps the University understand what we do well and what we need to do better and is one of the most powerful ways you can have your voice heard at Kent.
The survey asks the same questions that are in the NSS as well as a section about accommodation and some research questions for the Q-Step Centre and the Student Success Project. It should take no longer than 15 minutes to complete.