Open Day’s are back with a bang!

During the Covid-19 pandemic university ‘Open Days’ have been held virtually – parents and students around the globe have not been able to visit the beautiful Kent campuses in person.

Over the past two weekends KMTV Creative Productions have been working in partnership with the University of Kent producing a live behind the scenes stream of the Medway and Canterbury campus open days – enabling prospective students to find out more about the university and what it has to offer both in person and virtually. 

Kent’s Director of Marketing, Outreach, Recruitment and Admissions has stated that the KMTV live stream for of the Open Days has been the ‘most popular element’ with the online cohort. 

A truly fantastic return to Open Days!

Our on site anchor and producer Rachael Lewis has written this about her experience:

During these open days I have been given the honour of  presenting from an “on location studio” talking all things Kent, with my colleague’s Isabelle and Cameron going out to key locations around the campuses to interview prospective students.

From the central studio where I was based, I had three different cameras filming  me so the pressure was on not to get tongue-tied – no retakes when you are live! At the Canterbury open day there were even prospective students standing behind the cameras listening, so I genuinely was talking to people interested in the university! 

Throughout the open days we interviewed loads of different people getting an insight into what life is like at Kent, and what the process is like for students who want to apply. Considering this was the first open day in almost 2 years, the atmosphere was incredible.The live stream itself was 4 hours long, showing our reports and interviews, videos of campus life and a “social wall” which had tweets that people had been posting with #UniKentOpenDay, making the whole day really inclusive and exciting. 

I felt really lucky to be the one to give them an insight into what life could be like at the University of Kent. I was once a student at the university, which has made this a really fun project to work on as I really can talk from personal experience about things I did at the university, a real full circle moment! 

I am really looking forward to our next Canterbury open day on the 23rd October. We are even going to have a big pop up screen on campus to play the stream out, so even more people can watch the behind the scene access to life at Kent. Hope to see you there!

Written by Rachael Lewis, Assistant Producer, KMTV Creative Productions