Are you a Kent student looking to take on a new challenge? It’s not too late to apply for Kent’s 3rd Innovation i-Teams programme which kicks off later this month offering innovative students the opportunity to work together to solve real world business challenges. Here are 5 reasons why we think you should take part.
1. Work on real life business challenges
Throughout the i-Teams programme, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a team to solve a problem faced by one of our business challenge sponsors. You’ll then need to present your recommended solution to a panel of industry experts at the end of the eight weeks. This year our challenge sponsors are:
- Cummins, a multinational corporation specialising in diesel and alternative fuel engines and generators, who will challenge participants to analyse, identify and propose solutions to realise a zero-waste objective at their Discovery Park, Sandwich location.
- British company, Saga, who will challenge participants to find ways to improve accessibility and advocacy for those Clients identified as vulnerable through poverty, illness or life trauma.
- Cognitas Global, a growing learning and development consultancy business, who will challenge participants to identify new markets and recommend a sales strategy for their real time crisis management training platform.
2. Enhance your employability skills
This is a great opportunity to enhance your teamworking, presenting and time management skills whilst gaining experience of working on real-life industry challenges. Not only that, but you’ll gain 15 employability points per session which can be cashed-in for the chance to apply for exclusive internships, work placements, training and more!
3. Make the most of winter’s dark evenings
i-Teams takes place on Wednesdays from 6-8:30pm between 26 January and 16 March, just when the evenings are at their coldest, darkest and least exciting. Sign up and you’ll have eight sociable, inspiring and productive sessions lined up to get you through the winter blues (and did we mention dinner is included?).
4. Meet other innovators
Your multidisciplinary i-Team will consist of innovative students from across the University. As well as learning from each other and working together throughout the programme, this is a chance to meet like-minded people and make long-lasting friendships.
5. Make a difference
Above all, this is your chance to apply your skills and knowledge to help achieve positive change. In previous years, our challenge sponsors have been ‘blown away’ by the standard of ideas recommended by student teams and gone on to use these as the foundation for the way they approach problems within their business’.
If you’re interested in taking part in i-Teams 2022, make sure to apply before the deadline at 12pm on Friday 21 January by filling out this form. More information about the programme is available on our website.