Janet’s Xercise Factor diary – final week!

The week I realized I’m a certified gymaholic!!!

It’s a pinnacle moment in your life, when you realize that you basically now spend the entirety of your day in gym clothes, don’t know how to walk in regular shoes anymore, and wear a sports bra more than a regular bra lol.

Again this week I have semi conquered that versa climber!! (Jeni has me climbing that thing every week now) and beat my previous time by climbing the Washington monument in 4:20 minutes!! I also went back to the Ashford Outlet (can somebody confiscate my debit cards please?) to buy even more gym gear and I have lived in the gym this week to an extent that I was asked if I should be bought a single bed so I could sleep there lol.  Then finding out that I was a finalist was the icing on the cake to a brilliant week.

Summing up this exercise factor experience, it has been nothing short of amazing. When I first started, there was a lot of things I thought I could not do and a lot of things that I didn’t know I had been doing wrong. For example, I could barely plank properly let alone do a plank push up, detested spinning to the point that I was shooting eye daggers at the instructors (sorry if any of you saw that lol I’m a changed person now lol) and felt that Jeni was genuinely trying to torture me. However now I can plank push up, actually relish the point in spinning when they say, “turn up the resistance, position3” and realize that Jeni has just been trying to make me better. I owe you a lot Jeni, and there are not enough ways to say thank you. Also of my own accord I have been researching fitness conventions to attend!!

I have the Xercise factor because this wasn’t just a competition to me, but the start of something phenomenal, and this is only the beginning.

You can see how all of the contestants have got on throughout the competition at kent.ac.uk/sports/xercisefactor.