Amarah’s Xercise Factor – the final

I am really thankful to have been picked to take part in Xercise Factor and this opportunity has really taught me so many new things. I realise I am much more capable of pushing myself harder than I ever thought. I am confident that I can achieve my goals of ultimately living a healthier lifestyle and prioritising making time to exercise – not only for the benefit of having a toned body, but for the physical and mental benefits too!

This week has been the toughest of all the weeks, especially the final workout Liz put me through which included flipping the 60kg tyre many, many, many times and finishing on the versa climber for five minutes which does not sound like a long time, but if you have ever used this machine you will understand what I am talking about!

Having completed this experience I will definitely incorporate all the new exercises I have been shown into my workout routine especially the functional training moves and will definitely venture into the gym more often and not just stick to my beloved gym classes.

Although it has only been a couple of weeks I have seen a decrease in my body fat and I have lost a few inches (wooh). My goals coming into the competition were to exercise consistently and incorporate it into my routine as well as making progress towards a healthier body fat level and I can say I have made progress in both these areas, which I will continue to work hard at.

Finally, I have to thank Liz again. She has been a phenomenal mentor. She is knowledgeable in all things fitness and knows how to help you achieve your goals, whilst making workouts fun but challenging. Although she has given me all the tools to continue this fitness journey independently, I will miss training with her and I am a bit sad Xercise Factor is over. Winning the Xercise Factor would be an amazing achievement and a lovely way to end my time here at Kent.