Students Participate in EyeforTravel Europe 2018

A number of our MSc International Business and Management students have participated in the EyeforTravel Europe 2018 event in London. This is Europe’s biggest meeting for commercial, digital and data decision makers in the travel industry.

EyeforTravel Europe is where the European online travel industry meets to learn, partner and do business. Speakers at the event included Clare Gilmartin, CEO at Trainline, and Had Moussa, Head of EMEA Business Development at Airbnb.

The largest forum in Europe for the travel, hospitality and passenger transport executive, using digital & data to:

• Create new digital products
  • Negotiate partnerships that give you customer insight
  • Exploit new platforms
  • Drive data enabled personalisation

Our students found the event beneficial to their programme, MSc International Business and Management, as it supports the work they are doing for their Business Reports:

“I was delighted to be accepted as part of the Kent team. I was fortunate that I made many connections during the conference, including some managers, whom I can work with for my dissertation topic. The conference enhanced my understanding of the travel industry. I now feel much more confident about my dissertation topic, by being able to understand the travel industry from a holistic perspective. I can now link my academic study to the practical outcomes from the conference. Also, I was part of a team that had the chance to represent Kent Business School, University of Kent in the Hackathon event. The topic was “the potential use of messaging technology for the travel industry”. – Olcay Kilincci

“I got a chance to learn what professionals in travel industry are preparing for the future and how technology can be an integral part of the industry especially, blockchain technology. Besides, it is really supportive for my further research on my business report. My most favourite part of the event is Hackathon which gave me an opportunity to present our ideas on given topics, a current issue in travel industry, with my team”. – Hsu Paing

Are you considering postgraduate study at Kent Business School? For more information visit MSc International Business and Management programme or head to the Kent Business School website.