Adebisi Adedotun Abraham

The Kent MBA 2018
(Part-time)

“There is always room for individuality, so stand out and have a strong brand.” 

I am a project management professional with broad experience in implementation and delivery within the public and private sectors.

Most recently, I started a role with South London and Maudsley NHS Foundation Trust within the Program Management Office. I work with stakeholders to deliver cost improvement programs and track their benefits. Previous roles have been mainly within IT project management, although I have change management and transformation experience.

Having successfully changed careers four times I actively mentor, coach and develop women in the workplace. In my spare time, I enjoy cooking and experimenting with original recipes by adding my own twist.

Achievements

One of my key professional achievements has included the implementation of a Clinical Information System across one of England’s largest NHS Primary Care Trusts. This resulted in the Trust receiving Foundation status.

Earlier in my career, I delivered a project that reduced the length of patient hospital stay and identified deteriorating patients. The project was recognised by the independent healthcare industry and nominated as a finalist in ‘Best use of Technology’ at the Laing and Buisson Awards (2012).

I am proud to have successfully transitioned from being a clinician to being a project management professional, while predominantly remaining within healthcare. I am very passionate about healthcare and the way it is delivered, especially with a large ageing population.

Aspirations

As a local resident, the course content and flexibility offered by Kent Business School was a key factor in me achieving optimal work-life balance. On completing The Kent MBA, I plan to utilise my skills and experience in a senior management role where I can be innovative in delivering transformation, change and strategy.

On a personal level, I hope to build partnerships with companies to promote sponsorship, mentoring and coaching within their organisations.

Advice

Too many people duplicate the same idea or process, but there is always room for individuality so stand out and have a strong brand.

Be daring, be fearless, and embrace change.