Are you looking for an 8-week internship in central London with real responsibility from day one? Do you want an internship that allows you to see the inner workings of investment management? Are you looking for huge exposure to finance, business and strategy? Schroders are looking for interns for their fantastic Distribution, Product and Solutions internships starting in Summer 2020…
|Company:||Global Asset Manager – Schroders|
|Roles:||Distribution 8-week internship
Product 8-week internship
Solutions 8-week internship
|Internship Dates:||22nd June 2020 – 14th August 2020 (8 weeks)|
|Apply here:||Distribution: https://bit.ly/2NYhWv7
**You can be from any degree background to apply for these internships, however you MUST be on track for or achieved a 2.1 and achieved ABB or above in your A-levels!**
Who is the company?
– Schroders are a truly global asset manager who manage over £445 billion on behalf of institutional investors, retail investors, financial institutions and high net worth clients from around the world
– The firm still retains its collaborative culture and family feel, and has a deep understanding of the needs of their stakeholders, delivering long-term growth and prioritising sustainable business
What are the internships?
– These programmes will provide you with a unique introduction into the investment management industry and how Distribution, Product or Solutions operate within it
– During your internship you will be assigned to a team within these areas, where you will have the opportunity to work on live projects and meet, hear and learn from senior executives
The Distribution team manages relationships with clients and helps to grow Schroders as a business.
Some of your tasks may include:
– Researching a project to identify a new market opportunity for Schroders
– Working with a senior colleague to improve the way Schroders pitch a product to their clients
– Helping to make better use of the data in the customer relationship management system
The Product team designs and develops innovative products for their clients. Some of the teams you could be placed into include:
– Product Development – Outperforming competitors by creating innovative products for client needs
– Market Intelligence – Creating stronger connectivity between Schroders and the market
– GAIA Product – Making pitches to clients, analysing competitors and working with global sales teams
– Marketing – Working on inventive campaigns across the globe to engage Schroders’ clients
The Solutions teams work on creating new investment solutions in partnership with other investment desks within Schroders. They also work with global clients to understand the investment challenges their clients face and help design innovative solutions to meet these.
Some of your tasks may include:
– Supporting the team on providing long-term investment strategy analysis and constructing portfolios
– Preparing and giving presentations to members of the Solutions team
– You must be numerate and analytical to apply for this internship
Why should you apply?
– Learn from senior individuals to allow you to really gain an insight into the inner workings of investment management
– Highly competitive salary
– Gain huge exposure to technology, business and strategy
– Get involved a variety of tasks and projects to develop your analytical skills
– Successful completion of your internship will give you a great chance of landing a place on one of Schroders coveted graduate schemes
– You’ll be given introductory training and many opportunities to network with others across the business
Who is best suited to these internships?
– You must be predicted a 2:1 honours degree or equivalent in any degree subject
– You must be in your penultimate year of study or a final year student planning to study for a Masters after the internship
– You must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
– You must be innovative, analytical and happy to think outside the box to look for a fresh perspective
– We are looking for those that are intellectually inquisitive – be passionate about financial markets, global trends and economics
– You’ll need an inquisitive mind and an appetite for challenge, together with the tenacity and analytical ability to deliver the best service for clients
*It only takes 30 seconds to register your interest in these roles – apply now as the deadline is fast approaching!*