KMTV’s offering it’s very first exclusive International Internship. We are looking for a passionate and dedicated student brimming with ideas. We are looking for someone who wants to learn how television works, and bring a ton of ideas to the table. This is your chance to work at a professional TV station that broadcasts on Channel 7 and Virgin 159 to 180,000 people every week, and millions online, with 45 countries engaging with content. Invaluable work experience and it’s paid!
This internship is unique in that we are going to shape it around the person we chose for the job. You don’t have to be a camera person or want to be on TV: it takes a village to make television. So for example:
● If you are you passionate about business or marketing we’d love for you to work with our business team
● Maybe you really want to learn the technical ins and outs of broadcast, the tech team is waiting for you.
● Perhaps you are a politics fiend and you want to take part in producing weekly politics show?
● Do you know all the new bands, where the coolest gigs are and who the best person to interview is?
● Maybe you’re a passionate tourist who likes to discover the nooks and crannies of English towns? We would love to hear from you!
● You will also play a key role in co-producing a brand new six part TV series showcasing international students at the University of Kent
All interns will learn
● Basics of broadcast workflow
● How to work in the gallery
●Basics of camera work
●Basics of scripting
● How to work in a fast paced team
● Communication and writing skills
● How to work under pressure
● Social media management and analysis
Interested? You must be
● a student at the University of Kent in any Campus (UG, PG welcome)
● Studying any course (excluding BA and MA in Journalism at the Centre for Journalism)
● willing to work up to 40 hours a month (flexible working available) between October and June (excluding holiday periods)
● willing to travel to the Medway campus for some sessions
About KMTV KMTV is a local TV station for Kent. Students and academics have gained valuable work experience and showcased their research and expertise via the channel. The station broadcasts a mix of current affairs coverage, business, sport, music, food and politics programming. The station’s main studio and newsroom are located with the Centre for Journalism at the University of Kent’s Medway campus.
Interested? Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Monday 11th November at 0900.